IAEP posts this Job Board as a benefit to its membership and it is updated frequently. This Job Board is viewed by over 5,000 environmental professionals each month. Complimentary Job Board postings are included with IAEP's Corporate Membership.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Water Treatment Chemist The University of Illinois - Prairie Research Institute - Illinois Sustainable Technology Center (ISTC) is seeking to hire a Visiting Scientific Specialist, Institutional Water Treatment Chemistry to conduct water quality research for institutional water treatment clients. Conduct on-site collection, testing, and reporting. This position is based in Champaign, Illinois.
Posting Date: Feb. 8, 2021 _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Hamilton Associates, Inc Environmental Consultant II Site Design Division 625 Forest Edge Drive, Vernon Hills, IL 60061, USA
An exciting opportunity is available to join Gewalt Hamilton Associates, an employee-owned, multi-faceted civil engineering and land surveying company that has built its reputation on civil engineering with a personal approach. We are seeking an environmental consultant to join our growing team located in Vernon Hills, Illinois. The successful candidate shall have considerable knowledge of natural resource and management, applicable federal, state, and local wetland regulations, wetland mitigation, and naturized stormwater practices. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the responsibilities. The responsibilities of the position include: •Provide environmental guidance on projects to all divisions of GHA. Interact with local and federal agencies as necessary to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements. •Conduct wetland delineations and prepare reports independently. •Prepare and secure construction permits from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers or County or local regulatory agencies for Waters of the U.S. or regulatory Wetlands. •Assist municipal/public clients in planning, designing, constructing, improving, and maintaining facilities; provide guidance with environmental engineering policies, programs, or activities; promote improvements, evaluate compliance and recommend action to secure satisfactory results. •Collect data and operate GIS computer workstation and prepare GIS maps and exhibits as new data is received. •Apply professional environmental science competence with specialized knowledge of ecology, chemistry, and biological science. •Prepare and secure NPDES permits and conduct NPDES inspections as needed. •Interface with regulatory agencies and municipal clients to provide regulatory guidance to clients. Manage the preparation of environmental compliance audits as required. •Investigate, measure, evaluate environmental conditions and carrying out relevant research, development, planning, design, advisory, and related engineering/consulting activities. •Design naturalized stormwater facilities.
Required Education, Knowledge, and Skills: •Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science or related field; •Four or more years of experience in the environmental field and experience working with local regulatory agencies. An advanced degree in a relevant environmental field may count toward two years of experience. •Basic understanding of civil engineering principles. •Must be a Lake County Certified Wetland Specialist or ability to obtain certification in six months. •Proficient with GIS software. •Working knowledge of AutoCAD. •Excellent verbal and written communication skills; •Ability to work independently with general supervision and as part of a larger team. •Self-starting, detail-oriented individual, with organizational and interpersonal skills essential. •Ability to manage multiple projects and strong self-initiative to meet client deadlines. •Valid Illinois Driver’s License. GHA offers excellent benefit packages that include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Parental Leave, Additional Paid Time Off, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), 401-K Retirement Plan, Profit Sharing, and Tuition Reimbursement. To learn more, please visit us at www.gha-engineers.com or contact Anika Moore, Human Resources Manager, at 847-821-6272 or email@example.com.
Gewalt Hamilton Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and an E-Verify employer. Minorities, females, disabled, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is seeking an Ecological Risk Assessor in our Buffalo, Chicago, or Seattle offices. This position will be responsible for assessing potential ecological risks in aquatic and terrestrial environments across the United States and developing remedial goals and approaches for protection of ecological resources. Our successful candidate will have a comprehensive understanding of ecological risk assessment (ERA) guidance, methods, and practice for assessing ecological risks from chemical and radiological contaminants and other stressors, such as invasive species.
· Evaluate potential ecological risks from metals, PCBs, pesticides, volatile and semi-volatile organic compounds, petroleum, and other contaminants and contribute to development of remedial goals (e.g., soil and sediment cleanup levels) for protection of ecological resources
· Review historical reports and data, participate in site visits, prepare conceptual site models, identify data gaps, and prepare technical memoranda regarding these activities
· Provide recommendations regarding use of toxicity tests for sediment, surface water, and other media and integrate test results in ecological risk assessments
· Lead ecological risk assessments at CERCLA sites, mining sites, and other hazardous waste sites using established methods and guidance, including EPA’s Ecological Risk Assessment Guidance for Superfund and other applicable guidance
· Develop project-specific approaches for assessing ecological risks
· Use appropriate ecological risk assessment software programs, models, and tools from EPA and other sources, such as ProUCL
· Prepare reports for clients and regulatory agencies detailing all aspects of the ERA process, including interpretation, application, and communication of ERA results, and coordinate with clients, colleagues, and others as necessary
· Critically review risk assessment deliverables prepared by others when called upon to provide oversight support
· Represent clients in meetings and negotiations with regulatory agencies, responsible parties, NGOs, and other relevant parties
· Develop scopes and budgets for ecological risk assessments for government and private-sector clients and otherwise support proposal development
· Support business development in the ERA field by generating leads, assessing new markets, and developing new business opportunities
· Present significant project work at professional conferences
· Provide litigation support when necessary
· Master’s or Doctorate Degree in Toxicology, Biochemistry, Engineering, or related discipline
· 10+ years of experience performing chemical and radiological ERAs and preparing ERA reports
· Expertise applying EPA and ERA guidance
· Proficiency evaluating, organizing, and interpreting chemical and radiological analytical data
· Excellent math and statistics skills and proficiency with database and spreadsheet software
· Proficiency with ERA software programs, models, and tools, such as ProUCL
· Strong leadership and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to work independently, as part of a team, and effectively interact with clients and other organizations
· Results orientated with strong organizational skills and the ability to achieve key project delivery milestones and business development objectives
· Ability to travel to support business needs
We are a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply on-line.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.
Posting Date April 5, 2019
Copyright 2021 IAEP All Rights Reserved.
No Image or Text can be reproduced from this site without permission from IAEP.